Saturday, March 23, 2013

#27: First Farmer's Market Trip of the Year

I found myself with a rare Saturday morning bike-ride-free so I decided to take advantage and hit up my first farmer's market of the year. I have been to farmer's markets before but never really purchase anything, just enjoyed wandering through the market and admiring the home grown veggies and other handmade products. When I added, going to more farmer's markets to my list, I did so with the attention of actually purchasing vegetables each time I went. I have been trying hard to increase my daily vegetable intake in my diet so I was excited to make some veggie purchases this morning. 


First farmer's market purchases of the year (bottom left): carrots, broccoli, yellow cauliflower, and swiss chard. LOVE the colors! 

Cauliflower has recently become my new favorite vegetable. I am excited to try the yellow variety for the first time. I enjoyed the broccoli and carrots in a stir fry for my lunch this afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment