Sunday, February 3, 2013

Favorite Quote...

I have discoverd a new favorite quote. 

"To say yes, you have to sweat and roll up your sleeves and plunge both hands into life up to the elbows." -Jean Anouilh

I love the imagery of this quote. Meaningful work requires you to go all in-- all they way to your elbows. I think I also love this quote because it reminds me that meaningful work requires you to sweat.

I love to sweat. I feel a sense of renewal and release when I sweat. Sweating can release tension from a hard day or make a great day that much better. It is through sweating that I feel like I have lived that day.

I want to live life where I plunge into it up to my elbows-- in my job, in relationships, in my training/racing, and in my faith. I am ready to roll up my sleeves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment