Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tool #6

I created a wall on Wallwisher. I like how easy this website is to use for both the teacher and the student. I could even see students creating their own questions for students to answer. I am trying to focus on centering my classroom around Big Questions and can see this as a way to see students thoughts and deeper understandings as we go through a unit.


Here is the example of the wall I created for the first Big Question of the school year.
What is the world made of?


I also created a discussion in Today's Meet. I think Today's Meet could be a great way for groups to discuss topics. And have the discussion run between class periods. I think it could be a great way to have communication and allowing more students to have a voice, espcially students that don't like to speak up in class. It could be interesting to save the dialogue all year and see how the class discussion evolves.


Here is my "class" I created.
FitchAPChem

Another site I am excited to try and use is VoiceThread. I think it will be a cool way to again encourage student feedback and discussion. I am looking forward to creating different VoiceThreads for the different units I will be teaching throughout the year. I think it will be a good way to encourage students to discuss graphs, experiments, videos and text.

No comments:

Post a Comment